Amount: $10,000 per each internship
The program provides businesses with an opportunity to entice graduate student, and/or recent Masters graduates to work on industry-driven projects. The TalentEdge Internship Program encourages experiential learning while being hands-on in industry.
Eligibility Criteria: TalentEdge Internship Program
- Be a for-profit company;
- Defined Project Based Assignment with clearly defined activities, milestones, and outcomes;
- To be eligible, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be Graduates, Master or Ph.D. students looking for an internship;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Eligible Costs: TalentEdge Internship Program
- Salary & Wages
- Travel costs attributed to the specific project
- Preparing all documents to apply for TalentEdge Internship Program
- Assisting in Report Writing where required
Example of Projects Funded by TalentEdge Internship Program
1. Solantro Semiconductor Corp. is participating in the TalentEdge Internship Program by providing funding for a U of T Ph.D. student to work on Technical Problem Solving issues.
2. Analytics 4 Life utilized the TalentEdge Internship project to assist the company in developing a Quality Management System, and advanced computing technology infrastructure.