Amount: up to 25% of eligible costs, up to a maximum of $150,000 per project.
As part of the government’s Grow Ontario Strategy, the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) has launched on December 1st a new funding program – the Food Security and Supply Chain Fund.
The Agri-Food Supply Chain Infrastructure Investment Stream is aimed at helping acquire the equipment and assets necessary to grow capacity in a manner that meets the increased demand for Ontario grown and produced food products. The funding is meant to support near term investments in infrastructure that builds production capacity and helps address market and supply chain challenges.
The intake for the program opened on December 1, 2022.
- Ontario agri-food organizations that are not-for-profit organizations representing Ontario agri-food businesses (for the Agri-Food Supply Chain Resiliency Analysis Stream only)
- Ontario agri-food businesses:
- farms that supply Ontario food processors with their products
- farms with production and on-site agri-food processing activities
- food processing businesses that source a significant portion of agricultural inputs from Ontario farms
Successful applicants may receive up to 25% of eligible costs, up to a maximum of $150,000 per project.