Amount: No-interest, repayable contributions from $500,000 up to $10 million per project
About Ontario Business Scale-up and Productivity (BSP) Program
The FedDev Ontario Business Scale-up and Productivity (BSP) program provides governmental support for businesses in southern Ontario to drive their scale up and productivity. This FedDev Ontario grant offers no-interest repayable contributions (government loans) with repayment which can be made within a year since the project has been completed.
With Business Scale-up and Productivity (BSP) grant, Canadian government supports small business in Ontario as they adopt innovative technologies to boost scale-up, productivity, and enter new markets to become globally competitive.
- Must be located in southern Ontario.
- Canadian or provincially incorporated businesses.
- Indigenous organizations such as Indigenous-owned businesses.
- Minimum of five (5) full time employees.
- Market/industry demand (e.g., how the project addresses a significant gap in the market; global opportunity to be seized within Canada; and evidence that southern Ontario is uniquely positioned to capture market share).
- Financial capacity to complete the project and repay the contribution in full.
- A viable project plan with achievable outcomes, supported by verifiable cost estimates.
- Demonstration of leading edge technologies and/or processes in an operational setting. Activities would normally fall within (TRL 7-9).
- Late-stage technological development to support new markets and/or new industrial applications of technology.
- Increasing business management capacity by building high-performance teams, adopting best management practices, processes and systems.
- Commercializing/producing new innovative products, processes or services.
- Acquiring, adapting or adopting leading-edge technologies/processes.
- Customer and market development, expansion or diversification to support business growth and integration in global value chains and an initial sale.