Amount: $10,000 per trainee up to a maximum of $100,000 per applicant
The Canada Job Grant in Nova Scotia is called Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI). The main goal of this program is to provide funding for training full-time employees to boost productivity and innovation with the organization.
Eligibility Criteria: Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI)
There are two types of organizations that can apply for WIPSI funding and meet the following criteria:
1.Businesses, (including social enterprises or revenue-generating not-for-profit organizations):
- Located in Nova Scotia.
- Registered and active in the NS Registry of Joint Stock Companies or incorporated by an Act of the Nova Scotia Legislature.
- Over one calendar year into operations.
- Generating at least 30% of revenue from commercial activity*– if your business is not yet generating revenue from commercial activity, you may be eligible for funding if you are in a LAE
identified priority sector.
2.Associations, sector councils, and private sector unions that meet the criteria below:
- Your organization represents businesses that meet the above listed criteria.
- Your organization has enough interest from your membership (i.e. more than one business) to submit an application with a minimum of $10,000 in direct training costs.
Eligible Costs: Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI)
The following activities may be eligible costs under WIPSI in addition to training:
- Registration, tuition or course fees.
- Examination fees.
- Manuals, books, and support materials.
- Costs for accommodations for persons with disabilities (100%).
You also may be entitled to up to 50% of travel cost to attend training. However, training outside of Nova Scotia will not be supported if the training is readily available within Nova Scotia.
Eligible Training Types: Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI)
- Result in a new direction and/or expansion to your core operations.
- Foster skills in your workforce that will support business and/or sector growth, exportability, productivity and/or innovation.
- Create more inclusive, welcoming workplaces.
- Fall under one of the following categories: Information technology, Technical training, Workflow systems and processes, other training that will benefit your business and are not eligible
for funding through other Government programs.
- Must be provided by the third-party trainers, who hold appropriate qualifications and have no family bonds with the principal of organization.
Generally, WIPSI provides up to 50% of direct training costs (before HST) with a maximum of up to $100,000 in a fiscal year. Small businesses with 50 employees or less may be eligible for coverage of up to 100% of direct training costs (up to $10,000- over $10,000 is cost shared at 50%). For Organizations, business associations and private sector unions – The minimum application amount is $10,000 in direct training costs. Funding may be available for administration costs as determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Writing Application for Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive
- Writing Trainee Registration forms for WIPSI
- Assisting in Report Writing
Examples of Projects Funded by Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI):
There is no publicly available information about the award of Workplace Innovation and Productivity Incentive (WIPSI). Stay tuned for updates.