Amount: $10,000 per trainee
The Canada Job Grant in Nova Scotia is called¬ Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI). It has two streams: i) Employer-Sponsored Training; ii) Employment Services and Supports.
Eligibility Criteria:¬†Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI)
Business, industry associations, private sector unions, not-for-profit firms and revenue-generating social enterprises in Nova Scotia that have been in existence for at least one (1) year and have at least $25,000 in wages or owner drawings (demonstrated in required financial information) are considered eligible employers for this program. Employees must be permanently located in Nova Scotia.
Participating employers must have a job available for the trainee upon successful completion of the training. For existing employees, the purpose of training should be to upgrade their skills so they may move up to a better job or meet employer needs in the workplace.
Eligible Costs:¬†Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI)
The following activities may be eligible costs under WIPSI:
- purchase of training from a formal training institution or qualified training provider
- registration, tuition or course fees
- examination fees
- international training
- management skills development
- training leading to certification
- training that supports workplace diversity
- other skills development and training based on a valid business case
- other training-related costs, such as manuals, books, and support materials accommodating for disabilities (e.g., voice recognition software)
You also may be entitled to up to 50% of travel cost to attend training. However, training outside of Nova Scotia will not be supported if the training is readily available within Nova Scotia.
- Writing Application¬ for¬ Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive
- Writing Trainee Registration forms for¬ WIPSI
- Assisting in Report Writing
Examples of Projects Funded by Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI):
There is no publicly available information about the award of Workplace Innovation and Productivity Incentive (WIPSI). Stay tuned for updates.