Last week Ontarians chose to preserve the PC’s majority government. In terms of the government grants and loans, it is a positive thing because there is consistency, and we can assume that the government will preserve most of the provincially-funded programs. Here are the top provincial funding programs to consider applying for.
- Regional Development Programs, such as Southwestern Ontario Development Fund and Eastern Ontario Development Fund. These programs provide up to 15% of the expansion project expenses in grants or interest-free loans. The next intake is July 12 – August 25, 2022.
- Advanced Manufacturing and Innovation Competitiveness Stream provides up to 15% of the capital expenses such as purchasing equipment and software to benefit the provincial manufacturing sector anywhere in the province. The next intake is August 10, 2022 – September 22, 2022.
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund programs incentivize businesses located in Northern Ontario to expand and improve productivity. The intake is open.
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant accepts funding applications for the training of 25 or fewer employees from businesses across Ontario. It provides up to 83% of the training expenses. The program is being transferred to a different ministry, so some delays may occur.
- Ontario Automotive Modernization Program provides 50% of the software, hardware and equipment expenses to the provincial automotive SMEs and will likely start accepting applications in the fall.
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership‘s intake is expected in the late summer or fall of 2022.
- We expect more programs and funding announcements closer to Fall’s Economic Update (usually October of every year).
Need help with applying for the government funding programs but don’t know where to start or how to prepare an application?
Fill out the Eligibility Check form at http://www.fgwinc.ca/