Amount: from $31,500
Business Growth and Competitiveness Stream
FedNor is committed to fostering economic growth and increased competitiveness of Northern Ontario’s businesses by working with community and industry stakeholders to invest in projects that improve productivity, reach new markets, facilitate access to capital, foster investment, encourage entrepreneurship and cultivate industry collaboration.
Eligibility Criteria:¬†Northern Ontario Development Program (NODP)
- SMEs with fewer than 500 employees within¬†Northern Ontario¬ seeking youth internships.
- Must be located in Muskoka, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Manitoulin, Sudbury, Timiskaming, Cochrane, Algoma, Thunder Bay, Rainy River, or Kenora district
- Activities related to helping Northern Ontario SMEs get established, grow and increase their competitiveness in key sectors, such as the mining and forest industries, tourism, agri-food, information and communications technology, renewable energy and manufacturing.
Examples of eligible project activities include:
- Business management capacity development, such as planning, training, research, access to business management expertise and export readiness;
- Access to new markets outside Northern Ontario with emphasis on foreign markets, such as trade and export development advisory services, supply chain integration, trade missions, business-to-business matchmaking, market research and analysis, promotional or marketing campaigns;
- Investment attraction, including developing and implementing investment attraction strategies and marketing strategies;
- Industry collaboration and support for SMEs, such as business incubators, industry networks, and regional and sectoral initiatives;
- Development, promotion and expansion of business associations, sector alliances or networks to facilitate industry growth through information sharing and collaboration;
Youth internships to assist with projects related to innovation, the digital economy and trade for a period of 12 months.
Eligible Cost:¬†Northern Ontario Development Program (NODP)
Eligible costs include all incremental expenses directly related to the project and deemed reasonable and necessary for its execution.
Non-capital costs may include:
- Fees for professional and technical services, including market, trade and export expertise;
- Costs related to business management training;
- Costs related to producing and disseminating results of studies/plans;
- Marketing costs, including design, promotional materials, advertising, product demonstrations and participation at trade shows; and
- Travel expenses and labour costs.
Capital costs may include:
- Servicing of industrial lands;
- Leasehold improvements; and
- Machinery, equipment and technology.
- Writing¬†the application package for Northern Ontario Development Program
- Profitability analysis of the proposed project
- Preparing project financial calculations
- Assisting in report writing once NODP application is approved.
Examples of Projects Funded by Northern Ontario Development Program (NODP)
There is no publicly available records of the projects approved by¬ Northern Ontario Development Program (NODP). Stay tuned for more updates.