Amount: 60% cost-share, up to a maximum of $150,000 contribution under this initiative per business.
New program is available under the the Canadian Agricultural Partnership – Meat Processors Capacity Improvement Initiative.
The main purpose and funding of this initiative is directed towards equipment upgrades, which will allow to implement projects to improve the productivity of the operations.
- Be an establishment identified in a licence that is issued under the Safe Food for Canadians Act (Canada)to slaughter a food animal, or to manufacture, process, treat, preserve, grade, package or label a meat product; or
- Be a Meat Plant operated under a licence issued under the Food Safety and Quality Act, 2001
- Equipment to increase productivity and efficiency
- Engineering / consulting focused on equipment
- Equipment training
- Equipment must be for facilities in Ontario and must remain in Ontario
60% cost-share, up to a maximum of $150,000 contribution under this initiative per business.
Completed applications forms will be accepted until December 3, 2021 or until the intake is fully subscribed, whichever comes first.