The provincial budget tabled a few weeks ago shed some light on a new Ontario Made Manufacturing Investment Tax Credit, a 10% grant on the cost of eligible manufacturing equipment.
The program will be a 10% refundable Corporate Income Tax credit for capital investments in buildings, machinery and equipment used in manufacturing or processing to continue to bring back manufacturing to Ontario.
- Be Canadian‐controlled private corporation (CCPC)
- Have a permanent establishment in Ontario
- Make qualifying investments (incur eligible costs)
- Constructing, renovating or acquiring buildings used for manufacturing or processing that become available for use on or after March 23, 2023. To qualify as a building used for manufacturing, 90% of the floor space of the building must be used at the end of the corporation’s taxation year for manufacturing or processing.
- Machinery and equipment used in the manufacturing or processing of goods. The machinery and equipment would have to be acquired and become available for use on or after March 23, 2023, and before 2026.
The maximum amount of funding is twenty million per taxation year and would be prorated for a short taxation year.
Need help with this or other government funding programs but don’t know where to start or how to prepare an application?