We wanted to remind you that some of the government funding programs, including the popular Canada-Ontario Job Grant for skills training, will end on March 31, 2022. In the past years, the program has always been renewed every fiscal year, but we’ve been told this time it may not be the case. We don’t know yet whether or not COJG will be replaced with a new program or be discontinued.
In this situation, your right strategy is to apply for the funding if you have any 3rd party training needs.
- Be a for-profit business of any size and industry
- Located in Ontario
- At least 1 employee who is not the business owner on payroll
- Current employees and candidates are eligible trainees
- Training (tuition) fees for the skills training (3rd party training only)
- Books & training supplies/materials
- Examination fees
- Other mandatory training fees, if applicable
- 50%-83% of the cost up to a maximum of $10K per trainee.
Do you qualify for Canada-Ontario Job Grant or other government funding programs?