Amount: maximum 50% of total project cost up to $10M per project.
The Investments in Forest Industry Transformation (IFIT) program is providing capital funding to support transformational projects by forest sector firms to diversify into new product streams and ensure industry competitiveness.
For-profit companies located in Canada, that either:
- Produce forest products in an existing facility (i.e. pulp, paper or solid/engineered wood products facility)
- Are new entrants in the Canadian forest sector for the purpose of the proposed project
- Will be new entrants in the Canadian forest sector for the purpose of the proposed project
Clusters, joint ventures and consortiums are included if a for-profit company acts as the lead applicant and will be designated as the recipient of IFIT funding.
Eligible Project Categories
The proposed project must clearly fall under one of the IFIT program’s four targeted innovation categories:
- Advanced Biomaterials and Biochemicals
- Pulp and Paper Diversification
- Next Generation Building Products
- Liquid and Gaseous Biofuels
Maximum 50% of total project cost up to $10M per project.
July 22, 2021, 5:00 pm EDT.