Funds support projects and investments to businesses, municipalities and not-for-profit organizations for economic development in southwestern and eastern Ontario. The programs supports projects that create jobs, encourage innovation, collaboration and cluster development, and attract private sector investment.
- Be located in Southwestern or Eastern Ontario.
- For Business Projects:
- Employ at least 10 people (or 5 if you are in rural Ontario)
- Commit to creating at least 5 new jobs (or 30% increase for companies with fewer than 15 employees)
- Be able to provide 3 years of operations/financial statements
- Be located in, or plan to locate in, a community in eastern Ontario
- For Community Economic Development Projects:
- Be led by municipalities, economic development organizations (including sector groups) or consortia
- Focus on economic and business development and job creation in the community or region by investing in infrastructure or implementing strategies to advance regional economic development priorities
- Lead to measurable outcomes including private sector investment, growth and job creation
- Have private sector support
- Be used for activities that are new to the organization
Any for-profit business that intends to expand in Southern Ontario outside Greater Toronto and Ottawa is eligible to receive 15% of the expansion budget from the government. The contribution may be in the form of a grant or an interest-free loan.
Need help with this or other government funding programs but don’t know where to start or how to prepare an application?