Amount: non-repayable contributions of up to $1.4 million of a project’s eligible costs.
The Green Construction through Wood (GCWood) program encourages the use of innovative wood-based building technologies in construction projects. This program supports Canada’s commitment to reach 2030 and 2050 emissions reduction targets under the Paris Agreement and advance long-term priorities regarding greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction.
GCWood invests in wood construction projects that generate many benefits, including:
- reduced GHG emissions from renewable and sustainable resources that help decarbonize the built environment
- accelerated adoption of innovative building technologies and systems
- updated building codes that allow for taller and larger wood buildings
- affordable housing and community infrastructure
GCWood funding is open to the following applicants:
- Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada, including:
- for-profit and not-for-profit organizations such as companies, industry associations, research associations, and standards associations
- Indigenous organizations and groups
- Provincial, territorial, regional, and municipal governments and their departments and agencies, where applicable.
The GCWood program provides non-repayable contributions of up to $1.4 million of a project’s eligible costs.
Applications can be submitted within our 4 application windows, detailed below:
Window 1: Apply by September 30, 2023 for a decision by February 29, 2024.
Window 2: Apply by December 31, 2023 for a decision by May 31, 2024.
Window 3: Apply by March 31, 2024 for a decision by August 31, 2024.
Window 4: Apply by June 30, 2024 for a decision by November 30, 2024.
To apply, applicants must complete and submit their EOI form by 11:59 pm PST on September 30, 2023 for consideration within the first solicitation window.