Amount: up to $50,000 in project-based matching funding.
The FoodShift program will provide non-repayable funding for clean net-zero technology adoption ($2.4 million) to food and beverage processors to subsidize the cost of adopting and integrating new clean technologies into their operations.
Eligibility Criteria for Applicant:
- A for-profit private sector enterprise or not-for-profit corporation ready to adopt and integrate proven clean technologies into their operations;
- Ready to adopt a proven clean technology and/or conduct assessment projects focused on food waste reduction and/or process optimizations;
- Generating a minimum of $200,000 in annual revenues; and
- Incorporated in Canada and located in Southern Ontario.
Eligibility Criteria for Clean Technology Provider:
- A for-profit private sector enterprise or not-for-profit corporation; and
- Able to provide a proven clean technology application (at or beyond Technology Readiness Level 8 (TRL-8+) stage of development) and/or consultation service that that meets the environmental and economic needs of an eligible applicant.
The intakes will be closed on October 6, 2023 at 11:59 EDT.
Successful program recipients will be selected through an open call for applications and will be awarded up to $50,000 in project-based matching funding.