Amount: up to 75% of eligible costs up to a maximum of $1,000,000.
The Food Processing Growth Fund (FPG) supports projects in BC’s diverse value-added food processing sector to scale up operations to increase productivity, business opportunities and competitiveness.
The objective of the fund is to assist funding recipients in improving their facilities, operations, capacity, and systems to increase productivity and support utilization of BC agricultural inputs.
To be considered eligible for this program, an applicant must be located in the Province of British Columbia, and must be a(n):
- Established food and/or seafood processing business, with:
- Minimum of 2 years in operation
- Minimum of $500K gross annual revenues (audited financial statements will be required for verification purposes)
- Commercial food hub, commissary kitchen and other shared-use commercial food processing facility;
- Industry group or association
The following project activities and costs are eligible for funding through the Food Processing Growth Fund:
- Purchase and install new or upgraded/expanded facilities and infrastructure and equipment.
- Purchase and install new technology and systems.
- Applied Research & Development (R&D) for new and improved products, lab analysis, packaging etc.
- Training that supports infrastructure or equipment upgrades or adoption
The Food Processing Growth Fund’s contribution for approved projects:
- Minimum of $100,000.00
- Maximum of $1,000,000.00
- With a maximum of $100,000 for the training component.
For approved projects with only Training-related activities, the Food Processing Growth Fund’s contribution:
- Minimum of $50,000.00
- Maximum of $100,000.00.