Amount: Up to 75% of eligible project costs (maximum of $1.0 million per year).
Fisheries and Aquaculture Clean Technology Adoption Program (FACTAP) is a national contribution program. It’s investing $30 million over 6 years (2017 to 2023) to assist Canada’s fisheries and aquaculture industries in improving their environmental performance.
To be eligible, you must be currently active in, or support activities related to, the fish and seafood sectors, including:
- Wild capture fisheries
- Fisheries aquaculture
- Processing of fisheries products
You must also be one of the following:
- a commercial enterprise, including:
- individuals (self-employed)
- an Indigenous organization, such as:
- an industry or professional association
- Clean processes
- Clean technologies
- Sustainable practices, such as protocols and harvesting techniques aimed at improving the day-to-day environmental performance operations of:
- Wild capture harvesting
- Aquaculture facilities
- Fisheries processing plants
The program may fund up to 75% of eligible project costs (maximum of $1.0 million per year).
The remaining 25% or more of the project’s funding can be made up of a combination of non-DFO sources but must include a minimum of 10% cash commitment by the applicant.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Evaluation of project proposals generally occurs every 3 to 6 months depending on available funding. If all available funding for the fiscal year has been given out, proposals may be considered when funding becomes available again in the next fiscal year. The program has been extended until 2023.