Amount: Up to $30,000 or maximum of 30% of total eligible project costs over $100,000.
Export Marketing Assistance (EMA) Program is designed to support export-ready companies, associations and not-for-profit entities to engage in export marketing and sales activities outside of Ontario.
- Private sector firms established and operating in Northern Ontario that are currently exporting and/or have proven export-ready product/services and capacity.
- Not-for-profit organizations engaged in export marketing and sales activities that support export development of Northern Ontario private sector firms.
- Applicants must have previously completed the Strategic Export Marketing Program or can demonstrate preparedness and capability to participate in export initiatives.
- Minimum annual sales of $500,000 (private sector).
- Must be a registered business entity (either provincially or federally) for a minimum of two years.
- Marketing and sales activities related to outgoing
- Booth rental and related exhibition costs.
- Translation services designed to promote your
products and services in targeted markets.
- In-market activities (show guide, mail-out, other).
- Return economy airfare for a maximum of two employees.
- Meals and accommodations for a maximum of two employees with a maximum per diem of $150 per day, per person.
- Matchmaking activities (prearranged meetings, preparation
of company profiles, other).
- Product testing (to meet foreign standards and certification).
- Marketing and promotional materials.
- Developing display panels, pavilions and information booths.
- Market research and intelligence.
- Ground transportation.
- Website enhancement/development related
to export development.
Companies can apply for support of NEW export development projects based on the following:
- up to $10,000 or maximum of 50% of total eligible project costs up to $49,999.
- up to $20,000 or maximum of 40% of total eligible project costs between $50,000 and $99,999.
- up to $30,000 or maximum of 30% of total eligible project costs over $100,000.
EMA funding is for projects approved in 2021 and completed by March 31, 2022.