Export Market Access: A Global Expansion Program (EMA) is designed to assist small to medium size organizations (SMEs) to access and expand their growth in foreign markets. If your company has 5 or more employees and annual sales of $500,000 or more, you may qualify for a contribution covering up to 50% of eligible costs incurred to develop export sales. Eligible activities include market research, marketing tools, direct contacts and foreign bidding projects.
Eligibility Criteria: Export Market Access (EMA)
- A small to medium sized company with an export mandate, whose goods and services currently exist and are produced in Ontario
- Businesses with a minimum of 5 employees to a maximum of 500 employees or partnerships/consortium of small to medium sized exporters meeting the following criteria:
- Applicants do NOT need to be members of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce to apply.
- Annual sales of $500,000 or more
- Currently established and operating in Ontario
- Registered company (federally or provincially) for minimum of two years
- In full compliance with all government laws and regulations
- Not receiving any other contributions from public funds towards the activities contained in the funding application other than support provided through export development programs offered by the International Trade Branch of the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment
Eligible Cost: Export Market Access (EMA)
- Direct Contacts
International trade shows, fairs and exhibits as well as incoming and outgoing missions which are verifiable and supported by a recognized third party such as governments (municipal, provincial and federal) and trade related organizations.
- Marketing Tools
Developing promotional materials to be used for increasing awareness of applicant’s activities, and goods and services for potential international buyers and/or foreign audiences to broadly market the applicant’s products.
- Market Research
Conducting market research for more precise international market targeting.
- Foreign Bidding Projects
This element of EMA is intended for providers of professional services (engineering, consulting, constructions etc.) bidding on foreign projects against foreign competition.
- Direct Contacts
- Writing Export Market Assessments
- Writing Business Plan for Export Market Access
- Assisting in Writing Application Package
- Assisting in Report Writing
Examples of Projects Funded by Export Market Access program (EMA):
The list of the companies approved by Export Market Access (EMA) program is located on the program’s official website.