In October 2016 a green version of the SMART program is coming. Here are some eligibility criteria:
- Must have minimum 10 full-time equivalent employees
- Must be located anywhere¬†in Ontario
- Funding is available for capital investment projects that will deliver emission reductions, energy efficiency technologies.
- Annual greenhouse gas emissions must be under 25,000 tonnes per year
- Project must support reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) intensity and/or avoidance through upgrades to process/production equipment
- Project must lead to productivity improvements, which in turn lead to lower GHG emissions on per-production-unit basis.
The best point is that you can get 50% of eligible costs up to a maximum of $200,000.¬†Multi-facility projects capped to 5 facilities get up to a maximum of $500,000.
This funding can be used for equipment purchases as well as for an Independent Assessment Audit.
If you’re interested in these great¬†opportunities¬†for your business, contact us right now and we’ll put you on a waiting list to update you as soon as more program details are released.¬