Amount: Up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $600,000 for approved R&D Projects.
Canadian International Innovation Program (CIIP) – Collaborative research and development projects help Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to engage in collaborative research and development (R&D) projects with a foreign entity. Our funding is available for projects in the following markets:
- South Korea
This program is for Canadian companies that:
- Are incorporated, profit-oriented, small and medium-sized enterprises, with up to 500 full-time equivalent employees.
- Ready to collaborate with a foreign partner in one of the countries listed above.
- Seeking to commercialize new or improved products, services, or processes.
- Have sufficient resources to make a serious new market entry push.
- Have a world class, distinguishable, and protectable technology which may already be commercialized in Canada.
- Salary costs.
- Contractors’ fees.
- Reasonable travel costs.
CIIP funding supports R&D projects that are close to commercialization such as:
- Technology adaptation
Projects that help adapt already commercialized products to reach a new market. This can be either a foreign or Canadian market.
- Technology validation
Projects that include a new product that is not yet commercialized. The product must require technical and business validation from potential early adopter customers.
- Technology co-development
Projects that involve creating a new product, service, or process with an uncertain path to commercialization.
Up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $600,000 for approved R&D Projects.
|CFP||Deadline for applications||Market|
|July 5, 2021*extended*||Brazil|
|Canada and South Korea 2021-2022 Call for Proposals||March 11, 2021||South Korea|
|Canada and Israel 2020-2021 Call for Proposals||January 27, 2021||Israel|