Amount: up to $15,000 per trainee
Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant (CNLJG) provides financial assistance to employers to offset the costs of providing training to new or current employees. Employers can access up to $10,000 in government support per trainee and up to $15,000 for an unemployed participant training. Employers must contribute one-third to the costs of training (excludes unemployed participants) and the training must be linked to new or ongoing employment opportunities with the employer.
Eligibility Criteria: Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant (CNLJG)
- Located in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Be a private employers, employer organizations, industry associations, employer consortia, union halls, Aboriginal governments and organizations, and not-for-profit employers and organizations.
- Be incorporated or sole proprietor.
Eligible Cost: Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant (CNLJG)
- Tuition fees, or fees charged by the training provider.
- Mandatory student fees.
- Textbooks, software, supplies and other required materials
- Examination fees.
- Travel costs.
- Continuous intake throughout the year, pending budget availability.
- Complete applications must be received at least 20 business days prior to the start of training to ensure a timely review and assessment of the request for funding and to avoid delays in processing.
- Applications received more than 20 business days prior may be prioritized for assessment based on start date of training.
- Writing Application for Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant
- Writing Trainee Registration forms for CNLJG
- Assisting in Report Writing
Examples of Projects Funded by Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant (CNLJG):
There is no publicly available information on the award of Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant (CNLJG). Stay tuned for updates.