Amount: up to 50 percent of eligible costs with up to 10 million per project.
The Aerospace Regional Recovery Initiative (ARRI) is an interest-free loan, with the main objective to support small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). This initiative will help the Canadian aerospace sector emerge from the pandemic with the capacity to compete on the global stage. With a total budget of $250 million over three years (until March 31, 2024), this initiative is being delivered by Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs).
- Businesses operating in the aerospace industry, as well as the organizations that support them, are eligible to apply.
- Small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- Transition towards greener products and operations or environmentally sustainable practices, such as adoption and commercialization of clean tech products and services or electrification to support a lower carbon footprint.
- Improvement of productivity, such as advanced manufacturing and Industry 4.0, scale-up of high-potential firms, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity or workforce and skills development.
- Commercialization and integration into supply chains such as integration of new start-ups and new technologies in key aspects of the value chain.
- Labour: incremental salaries and benefits for individuals employed for the project may be eligible should they meet the following conditions:
- The recipient confirms that it is not economically feasible to tender a contract
- Costs are for those employed directly in respect of the work that would have been the subject of the contract, or
- Labour hired to work exclusively on the project (i.e., not existing employees of the recipient)
- Expertise: incremental fees paid to professional, technical personnel, consultants, engineers or contractors.
- Facility construction/renovation: these are costs typically associated with renovations, site improvements, leasehold improvements and related costs to support the outcomes of the project.
- Equipment purchase/installation: the purchase and/or installation of equipment, machinery or software directly related to, or necessary for, the completion of the project.
- Other direct project costs (indicate as required in the spaces provided).
Eligible businesses could receive interest-free repayable contributions for up to 50 percent of eligible costs. Project contribution amounts would not normally exceed $10 million.
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis until funding is fully committed.