Last week I attended the official launch of the SMART Green Program and got as much insight as possible.
The program will fund the upgrades that will result in electricity and gas savings (and in the end greenhouse gases emission reduction).
Examples of eligible projects include but are not limited to:
- Replacement of old inefficient piece of production equipment with new efficient one (the result is overall energy savings in absolute value)
- Acquisition of additional piece of energy efficient equipment (the result is energy savings per piece of equipment)
- Boiler Right Sizing and Load Management
- Advanced Boiler Controls
- High Efficiency Burners (including replacement of electrical burners with gas burners)
- Feedwater Economizers
- Combustion Air Preheat
- Blowdown Heat Recovery
- Condensate Return/Condensing Economizers
- Refrigeration Heat Recovery
- Air Compressor Heat Recovery
- Exhaust Gas Heat Recovery
- Ventilation Optimization and Heat Recovery
- Condensing Boilers
- Biogas Boilers
- Direct Contact Water Heaters
- High Efficiency Heating Units
- Improved Building Envelope
The key metrics for evaluation of the applications are $ project cost, productivity improvement and GHG savings in absolute or per-unit value.
Book a call or meeting with us to discuss your project if any of the above looks appropriate for your business or you have questions.
Business Funding Expert
Fair Grant Writing
You get government financing or our writing is complimentary
P.S. Just to remind you that the program pays 50% of the project cost up to a maximum of $200,000. You don’t want to miss this opportunity, I’m sure. So, don’t delay your application. Reply to this email to get started.