I’m happy to share some good news about CanExport Program.
As of August 22, 2019, the CanExport will increase project funding limit up to $75,000 to cover up to 75% of eligible expenses. The program will also be expanded to include agriculture, agri-food and agri-products industry, including fish and seafood. Eligible expenses are related to marketing the business or product in a new export market including but not limited to the following:
- Business travel;
- Participation at trade fairs, trade shows, conferences, trade missions;
- Shipping and handling costs related to the participation;
- Translation & interpretation costs;
- Market research;
- Adaptation of marketing tools for a new market; and
- Legal fees associated with a distribution/representation agreement.
In order to make the changes to our systems, the CanExport for SMEs application system will be closed from August 9 to 21 and will re-open on August 22. Any current projects and those submitted before August 9 will continue to have access to a maximum of $50,000 in funding to cover up to 50% of eligible expenses.
Check eligibility of your company and your project for the government funding by submitting eligibility check form.