Amount: $350,000 (Limited Intake Deadlines)
Established and new Ontario farm businesses can apply for cost-share under the Growing Forward 2 (GF2) Capacity Building funding assistance program. The farm businesses must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Produce agricultural commodities in Ontario
- File business and/or farm income/loss taxes in Ontario
- Have a Premises Identification Number for the farm property where the proposed Capacity Building activity applies, and
- Have a valid Farm Business Registration Number (FBRN) or equivalent
New producers that meet the following criteria are also eligible for GF2 Capacity Building funding assistance. New producers are those that:
- Are new entrants to the agricultural production industry and have business projections that demonstrate potential annual gross business income of $7,000 or more within three years of applying; and proof of ownership or control of productive agricultural assets to generate farm income
- File personal income taxes in Ontario
- Have not filed taxes as a farm business in the two years previous to applying for GF2 funding, and
- Have a Premises Identification Number for the farm property where the proposed Capacity Building activity applies
Farm businesses can also be members of a collaborative enterprise such as a corporation or partnership and apply under the organizations and collaborations stream of GF2.
Eligible processors are businesses that:
- are currently actively engaged and directly involved in the processing, modification, and/or transformation of agricultural commodities, food, beverage or agricultural based bioproducts in Ontario;
- file business and/or farm income/loss taxes in Ontario; and
- have a Premises Identification Number.
Eligible new food and agri-product processors:
- are new entrants to the food and agri-product processing industry and have business projections that demonstrate potential annual gross business income of $30,000 or more within 3 years of applying;
- file personal income taxes in Ontario;
- have not filed taxes as a food or agri-product processing business in the two years previous to applying for GF2 funding; and
- have a *Premises Identification Number (if processing facility is established).
First nation businesses that meet the above criteria are eligible.
Note: A Premises Identification Number is a unique identifying number assigned to a parcel of land that is associated with agri-food activities. In Ontario, premises are identified and registered in the Provincial Premises Registry. Applying for a Premises Identification Number is easy and free. To register with the Provincial Premises Registry visit: www.ontarioppr.com
- Education on, Assessment and Planning in the areas of:
- Environment and Climate Change
- Assurance Systems (Traceability, Food Safety, and Animal Welfare)
- Market Development
- Animal and Plant Health
- Labour Productivity Enhancement
- Business and Leadership Development