About a week ago we got an interesting message from the SME Canada (Society of Manufacturing Engineers). It announced that the team at ‘How It’s Made’ television program that airs on the Discovery Channel is looking for new manufacturing content in the Montreal area to film in the next few weeks as well as a few opportunities later this year in Ontario (Nov 17-Dec 31, 2014).
We’re reaching out to share the good news with you and your customers or prospects who may be interested in having their organization be featured on ‘How It’s Made’. Please see below for more details from Tom Bauer of the ‘How It’s Made’ team on how to get involved and feel free to share this message with any manufacturer that you think may be interested!
A note from “How It’s Made” Team Member Tom Bauer:
How It’s Made is one of the longest-running shows on Discovery, and one of the most popular.
The two main requirements for a segment is that we have not already filmed the item, and that there are enough steps in the manufacturing process to make a 4.5 minute segment.
Please read the following to learn more about us, and I would be happy to answer any and all questions:
- Items should have enough process to fill a 4 and a half minute segment.
- Consider watching a segment of the show to see if your item might work in our format, just search out ‘How It’s Made’ on YouTube and you should be able to find a few
- Please note that no visuals air without the consent of the participating company
- And most importantly, no financial contribution is required to appear on the show.
Here are three sample episodes to give you an idea of our format, in case you haven’t seen the show:
- Chaîne de vélos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Tower Cranes ( http://www.youtube.com/
- Baseball Gloves ( http://www.youtube.com/
To contact me to discuss the possibility of your item (s) appearing on the show please call or email:
HOW IT’S MADE – seen world-wide (in 180+ countries) in several languages on Discovery USA, UK and Canada, Discovery KIDS (UK channel) and ScienceChannel USA. The show currently reaches an international audience of over one hundred-million viewers per week and offers participating companies an exceptional opportunity to reach a broad based audience.