Canada Job Grant is a coast to coast government grant for skills training that reimburses 2/3 of your skills training cost up to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee. Eligibility criteria apply to training service providers. Fill out a form below to find out whether your training qualifies or not. Your information is treated as confidential and will never be shared with third parties. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Training (tuition) fees for the skills training that:
- Is more than 25 hours in length (not applicable for Ontario)
- Is delivered by an outside training service provider or institution
- Does not replace or replicate prior training
- Completed within 52 weeks of the approval date
- Results in some sort of credential (record of completion, certificate, grade, etc.)
- Books & training supplies/materials
- Examination fees
- Other mandatory training fees, if applicable
- It is up to employer to select the training institution or educational service provider as long as the one provides a certificate or a record of the completion of the training.
- The program provides 2/3 of the training cost up to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee.
- The maximum amount that one company can get per year is $300,000 (not applicable for Ontario).
- 1/3 of the eligible cost is reimbursed after the employer paid for the training and submitted a claim
- 1/3 of the eligible cost is reimbursed after the training is completed and the employer submitted a claim
- Remaining 1/3 of eligible cost is employer’s share.
- Special rules for small businesses in Ontario apply.