The Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP) promotes economic development in rural eastern Ontario by contributing to the development of businesses and communities.
Eligibility Criteria: Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP)
- Commercial enterprises including individuals, corporations, partnerships, cooperatives, or trusts located in Eastern Ontario
- For the purposes of EODP, eastern Ontario is defined as comprising the following service areas of the following Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs): Cornwall & the Counties Community Futures Development Corporation; Prescott Russell; Grenville; Valley Heartland; 1000 Islands; Frontenac; Prince Edward Lennox and Addington; North & Central Hastings and South Algonquin; Trenval; Haliburton; South Lake; Northumberland; Peterborough; Kawartha Lakes; and Renfrew.
Eligible Cost: Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP)
- Project facility modifications/upgrades required for the project
- e.g. construction costs/retrofits associated with an expansion to a facility on land already owned by the business, site servicing, power service upgrades, HVAC, new requirements for fire-detection and suppression, embedded energy generation systems, ICT used internally for business/operations integration or to meet specialized customer/client needs
- Equipment and Machinery required for the project
- e.g. new technology, new high performance equipment and machinery, maintenance equipment associated with new technologies or systems
- One-time internal labor, including costs to set up/commission new equipment, technology or systems for the project
- One-time materials, including materials used for configuring and testing production processes for the project and systems, and materials used for training employees for the project
- Specialized Expertise required for the project
- e.g. third-party engineering services, software development, project management, etc.
- Skills training, including employer-provided training, related to the project
- Project-related permits, fees and other similar charges
- Writing the application package for the Eastern Ontario Development (EODP) Program
- Profitability analysis of the proposed project
- Preparing project financial calculations
- Assisting in report writing once EODP application is approved.
Examples of Projects Funded by Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP):
HFI Pyrotechnics Inc. “HFI Pyrotechnics Inc. has been involved with the Eastern Ontario Development Program for a number of years. The EODP has not only allowed us to access technical expertise that would otherwise been unaffordable for us to acquire, it has also assisted in the development of new product opportunities for the company.” Source