Amount: $20,000 per employee hired
Career Focus provides funding for employers and organizations to design and deliver a range of activities that enable youth make more informed career decisions and develop their skills.
Eligibility Criteria: Career Focus
Participating host employers must meet the following criteria:
- Be a for-profit business
Prospective participants must meet the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection;
- Post-secondary graduates;
- Out of school;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations;
- Not in receipt of employment insurance (EI) benefits.
Eligible Cost: Career Focus
- Income support to participants (wages) based on the prevailing wage rate for the occupation and mandatory employment-related costs (MERCs) for participants;
- Additional support to cover all or part of the incremental costs for individuals to participate, such as dependent care, travel or transportation;
- Other support to cover the cost of items associated with the youth’s participation, including disability supports;
- Overhead costs required to carry out the project, including wages and employment-related costs for staff; and,
- Costs associated with central administrative functions of the applicant organization that are used to support agreement activities.
- Writing application package for Career Focus program
- Assisting in application submission
- Assisting in report writing