Amount: $14,000 per employee
Participating host employers must meet the following criteria:
- The work experience position should match one of the digital economy labour force National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes.
- Be a private sector employer operating in a high demand sector in the respective region as identified here.
- Must provide employment within Canada for the entire work experience period.
- Will provide full-time work for the participant (min 30 hrs / week).
- Will have the financial capacity to provide a work experience of a min 3 months.
- Will attest to the potential for a permanent position following the work experience.
- Will provide proof of wages paid, all pertinent information on the participant, as well as all reports required by ICTC and HRSDC.
- Will provide a Learning Plan and Final Evaluation for the participant.
Prospective participants (graduates) must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the time of the employment opportunity and be Out of school.
- Be post-secondary graduates. Post-secondary graduates with foreign credentials will be considered if they have obtained their Canadian credential recognition equivalency.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Cannot have previously worked for the company that is applying for the CareerConnect Program.
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
- Has not participated in any other Youth Employment Strategy Work Experience Programs targeted at post-secondary graduates prior to the signing of this agreement.
- Participants who have been unemployed for 6 months at the time of application will be given preference.