Amount: 100% of eligible costs up to a maximum of $25,000
- Must be a manufacturer based in Southern Ontario per the census map (Refer to Southern Ontario Service Area).
- Must be an incorporated business (federally or provincially) for 2 years or more continuously.
- Must demonstrate financial stability.
- Must have greater than 15 and fewer than 500 FTE employees maximum in Southern Ontario.
- Companies are not required to be a member of CME to be eligible.
- Not receiving other contributions toward the activities contained in the funding application from other government funded programs, including but not limited to: University or College Funding programs, Export Funding programs, Other related government funding programs.
Applications will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the following criteria:
- Technology improvements that aim to improve and modernize the manufacturing process, lead to increased productivity and competitiveness.
- New additions that contribute to the economic and environmental benefits to Ontario, including benefits expected from the project and interactions with other segments of the Ontario economy.
- Commitment to develop export markets, or be part of the value supply chain, or potential to become a strong global player on a regional or global basis.
- Creation of long-term employment and high-value jobs.
- Consulting fees (including travel) are eligible.
- Entertainment and meals are not eligible costs.
- All receipts for travel must be submitted with final claim. Any receipts that are not included will be removed from eligible costs.
- CME reserves the right to remove any unreasonable costs.
This program ends on March 31, 2022. We continue to accept applications for assessments until December 31, 2021 with a completion date of no later than January 31, 2022.