Amount: $10,000 per trainee
Canada-Manitoba Job Grant allows eligible employers in Manitoba to apply for up to $10,000 for each worker to cover training costs. Employers that receive funding under the Canada-Manitoba Job Grant must contribute a minimum of one-third of the eligible training costs. With the maximum government contribution of $10,000, this means that up to $15,000 is available, per person, for eligible training costs.
Eligibility Criteria: Canada-Manitoba Job Grant (CMJG)
Employers that receive funding under the Canada-Manitoba Job Grant must contribute a minimum one-third of the eligible training costs. Small businesses (50 employees or less) may be eligible for additional funding support.
Participating employers must have a job available for the trainee upon successful completion of the training. For existing employees, the purpose of training should be to upgrade their skills so they may move up to a better job or meet employer needs in the workplace.
Eligible Costs: Canada-Manitoba Job Grant (CMJG)
- Tuition fees or fees charged by a training provider
- Mandatory student fees
- Textbooks, software and other required materials
- Examination fees.
- Training can be delivered at the workplace, online or in a classroom or training facility, and must be provided by an approved third-party trainer. This could include:
- Post-secondary institutions
- Private vocational institutions
- Sector councils or industry associations
- Union halls
- Writing Application for Canada-Manitoba Job Grant
- Writing Trainee Registration forms for CMJG
- Assisting in Report Writing
Examples of Projects Funded by Canada-Manitoba Job Grant (CMJG):
There is no publicly available case of approved Canada-Manitoba Job Grant (CMJG) application. Stay tuned for further updates.